We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.hamptonhousedental.co.uk
• questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to www.hamptonhousedental.co.uk
• your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
• information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
• details to allow you to access our services, e.g. an email address, name, contact address
This allows us to:
• improve the site by monitoring how you use it
• respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
• provide you with information about services if you request it
- We will never pass your personal details on to a third party unless we have a contract for them to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential. If we intend to refer a patient to another practitioner or to secondary care such as a hospital, we will gain the individual’s permission before the referral is made and the personal data is shared.
- Personal data is stored in the EU whether in digital or hard copy format
- Personal data is stored in the US in digital format when the data storage company is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Personal data is obtained when a patient joins the practice, when a patient is referred to the practice and when a patient subscribes to an email list
You have the following personal data rights:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure (clinical records must be retained for a certain time period)
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
Further details of these rights can be seen at the Information Commissioner’s website.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk. We have procedures in place to try and keep your data as secure as possible once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Disclosing your information
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
Following a link to another website
The practice aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR], the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact the practice for a comment, suggestion or a complaint about your data processing by writing to or visiting the practice at Hampton House Dental Practice, 176 London Road, Leicester. LE2 1ND
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information at https://ico.org.uk/